Wednesday 4 December 2013

Final Design Evaluation

After completing my original narrative design, I had thought of many more creative ideas, in which I didn't include. My original summery design to suit Jean Paul's narrative story reminded me slightly of beachwear, and so from this I decided to create a design that would suit womenswear beachwear, for Spring/Summer 2014 - still suiting to Jean Paul's narrative story.

When I think of Indian womenswear, I think of the gorgeous gold jewellery that Indian women wear. When I think of that typical sailor look, I instantly think of blue and white stripes. Therefore, I decided to combine the two in my design. I think I went for a kind of 'cop out' with this, however I think that the simplicity of it works perfectly. I didn't want the design to be too overcrowded with embellished Indian patterns, as I was scared it would drown the sailor twist within. Going for a simple blue and white striped bikini would have been fairly lifeless, and so I dazzled this up with an Indian style sarong, in the colours of the common sailor stripes. Then I have hemmed the outfit with small gold aluminium plates, to give it that feel of the gorgeous Indian culture. As body jewellery is not only popular for Indian women, it was also becoming very popular in sales at the end of last summer, and so I have included a gold body chain, of the same material as the hemming jewels. I love the dramatic effect this has on the outfit - I feel it creates a great balance between the two themes in the narrative story that it is based upon.


No comments:

Post a Comment