Saturday 30 November 2013

Abstract Design



I really do love Dolce & Gabbana's, SS 2013 collection, which is shown above. I just adore the simplicity of it all, and how effective that really becomes. The collection was based on a summer beach holiday, which got everybody rearing for summer.

I really love abstract designs, with these in particular. The bold and fierce stripes completely absorb my attention. Even the shape of the items themselves - No matter how much I adore an outrageous and unique 3D fashion design created from absurd materials, I think coming back to a rather more formal collection, is fabulous.

Fashion journalists and other parts of the media disagreed with this collection, slating the designing couple for 'staying in their comfort zone' - their comfort zone being very sicilian and neutral. Dolce and Gabanna often use a lot of white in their collections, suited to the curvy figured women. (In my opinion, I think that their typical style can often be quite tacky), so personally, I disagree.



Alexander Mqueen's collection for SS 2014 'Abstract Expression', says it all really. It's explainable in itself, for the meaning of abstract fashion. From the bold shapes to the vibrant, shocking reds, this collection is as abstract as could be. I even love the stiff fall that the outfits have. I think it's absolutely brilliant, and I take this as a great inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment