Friday 29 November 2013

Alyssa Monks

Recently, I have discovered the extraordinary talent, which is Alyssa Monks. Alyssa creates large scale oil paintings on linen, and well I am just taken a back. Her online portfolio might be the best I have ever seen. 

This was the first painting of Alyssa's i'd ever seen, and as you can see - I just had to look at more of her work, and well my amazement didn't end there.

The detail in this painting is so life-like, that it looks exactly like a photograph. Even down to droplets at the front of the image, and the creases in her lips.

Alyssa Monks created this piece of art in 2009.





This is an older painting of Alyssa's being produced in 2008. I do not feel it is quite as life-like as the previous example 'Smirk', how ever it is still as equally amazing.

The tone used to show the creases of the shower curtain, are stunning. I don't know how she does it. I have noticed that she focuses very much on paintings in water, or with steam. This is interesting, I wander why she chose this as a focal point for all of her work.

Here is a link to Alyssa Monk's website, to see more of her inspiring art work. 

http://www.alyssamonks.com/









No comments:

Post a Comment