Thursday 5 September 2013

David Bowie Exhibition at the V&A



As a whole, the exhibition itself was a great opportunity. It was very interesting to see the designer outfits that he wore himself, to hand. This is the part that I enjoyed the most.

The exhibition also included of videos and projections. I wanted a thrilling selection of interviews on a projection, with some of the fashion designers that worked with Bowie. This was great. One of them, being Kansai Yamoto. He and Bowie worked together often.


The photographs above show the famous outfits of Bowie's himself. The top, being the most known.

In the second photo, it shows a wide variety of his outfits that were exhibited. The kimonos that are hanging of the ceiling in the middle of the room, were designed by Kansai Yamoto.



I would like to state this none of the above photos in this post, are my own. Unfortunately, taking photographs in the exhibition itself was forbidden, so I had to find my photographs from another source.


No comments:

Post a Comment