Tuesday 15 October 2013

Kurt Cobain & Courtney Love

Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love, are the legendary couple that rock the name of grunge. Kurt Cobain was a popular American musician, famously known for being the lead singer of the band Nirvana. Courtney Love was Cobain's wife - Also a musician.

Their image was very much 'grungy', and this photograph instantly explains this.

My favourite aspects of this photograph, is the faded black and white effect, giving it that 'old' image. I think that this suits the grunge style brilliantly.








This photograph, has a very different approach to the last. It is not a pose, and almost looks like what is called a motion shot. I really like this whole idea that pulling emotions like this, shows that they're 'too cool' to pose, which ironically suits the grunge style also.

I decided to include this photograph of Kurt Cobain on his own, as it shows great charisma, as to what I think grunge relates to.

The leather, the hair, the guitar, the cigarette. Grunge. Not only the aspects of the photograph, but also the mystery behind it, interests me. It also relates to my research taken from Joseph Cornell. Is he performing? Rehearsing?


No comments:

Post a Comment