Monday 14 October 2013

Gravity Has No Limits


This is my outcome of my figures, taken from my tracing of the Kenzo advertisement. I decided to keep the clothing influenced from the original slightly, but adapting the colour shades, and giving it more of a 'cartoon' look. I think that this will suit well with the planned background.

For the prints used on the clothing, I used patterns that I found on google images, that were appropriate, and pasted them into a new layer on my project. I then created duplicate amounts of the image, creating enough to cover the area size needed. By putting this layer underneath the others, and deselecting anything unwanted with the Lasso tool, the selected print shows though.

I repeated this technique to create the pattern for the women's shoes, and her bracelets. For everything else, I simply chose colours provided by Photoshop. How ever, I used the gradient tool for the extra effect on the skin, and hair.




I chose galaxy and space as a theme, as not only for it's 'endless' possibilities, I also thought that it would be very appropriate for a current fashion illustration, to include on of the top latest street trends, in fashion now.

This is an image of an album cover for the producer Major Lazer, which shows a 'cartoon' looking galaxy. I found this image on google, however I had the image in mind before hand.




This is the final outcome of my first fashion illustration, created on Adobe Photoshop. The background layer was easy. I simply pasted it into a separate layer and put it behind the figure layers. I did not make
any other alterations to this, as I thought the colours worked well as it is.

To finish the illustration of as a whole, I decided to duplicate the layer of the figures, before slightly rotating it. I then changed the blending mode of each layer of the figure. As a final technique on the illustration, I changed the opacity for each rotated layer, to give the impression that the figures are fading away. This works perfectly to suit the theme, as it looks like the lack of gravity is effecting, and the figures are floating away.






No comments:

Post a Comment