Monday 14 October 2013

Too Many Shapes



This second illustration consists of many, many layers. So many layers that most of my time creating this illustration, was spent being baffled, and confused.

As the brief recommends including typography into the illustration, I firstly inserted the letter 'A' and 'Z'. I chose these letters for ascetic purposes only. Rotating the 'A' upside down like this, I filled out negative space, making the letters fit together perfectly.

Originally both the letters and the figure were white, and because of this some parts of the figures would not show up. Therefore I had to introduce a different colour to bring separation, and I used black as it creates the best contrast. To do this, duplicated the layers and after changing the background black, I removed sections of the figure using the Polygonal lasso tool, leaving the black layer underneath to show. I repeated this process, for different parts that I wanted black.

Now, I was ready to include my galaxy theme, into the positive spaces. How ever, I like to think that is a finished illustration, in itself.








I chose this stunning image for the background, of this chosen illustration, due to the mixture of bright colours and the way that they blend together. It suits the theme perfectly, and I think that it would stand out amazingly in the background, of a black and white illustration. I found this image on tumblr, and wanted to use it instantly.












Inserting the image, to be the background of my fashion illustration was fairly easy, as long as I knew which layer I was working in. I pasted it into a layer which was underneath any others, except the white layer that I wanted to replace.

I absolutely love the way that this image has come out, and the way that the galaxy image gleams through. I initially had the idea, to edit the galaxy image using another technique, but I decided that it didn't need it - And that I really like it as it is.

As a whole, I am very pleased with my fashion illustrations for this project. At the beginning, I struggled with using Adobe Photoshop a lot, and I think that was down to my awful short-term memory. But after playing around for hours, I definitely feel that the time has paid off, and that I have achieved everything that I could.



No comments:

Post a Comment